(Sent to friends and family on 6/27/12.)
I'm quickly learning new parenting skills such as one-handed typing and
culling photos down to a sendable number (the latter is harder).
Official stats:
name - Simon Charles Barger
birthday - Sunday, June 24, 2012, 2:42pm
weight - 8lb 6oz
length - 19.5"
Birth story:
Labor started with mild contractions at 1am Sunday morning, and things
progressed fairly quickly (with a sitcom-like breaking water episode on the
living room rug as we're leaving the house for the hospital at 7am), until noon
when the almost three hours (!!!) of pushing began. Big-headed baby was stuck at
the pubic bone but eventually came out with lots of patience (Bradley & my
labor team) and a broken tailbone (me) without any drugs or medical
interventions. I was allowed to "unwrap my present" (It's a boy!), and Simon was
deemed healthy-yet-cone-headed, while my cervix was stitched up following 1200ml
blood loss. I'm recovering just fine, with no need for a transfusion, while poor
Simon's boy-face has developed a rash from my girl-hormones. That should go away
before too long, though. Bradley is a natural father who calms Simon as quickly
as I do, and he's yet to let me change a diaper.
 |
| our first family portrait |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.