| My precioussss! |
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
My precious!
The downside to Simon being tongue-tied is tricky breastfeeding and the need to supplement with formula. The upside is that Simon is ridiculously cute to bottle-feed. His eyes grow wide and alert, and he often clasps his two fists under his chin, which makes me think of Gollum worshipping his precious ring bottle.
I would like to resume exclusive breastfeeding, though, so we have the frenulum clipping scheduled for this Friday. We're extremely lucky that one of the only two qualified surgeons in the state is here in town. If you want to learn more about posterior (or "hidden") tongue-ties, a good article is here, and a description of the procedure is here. I haven't captured a close-up picture of Simon's tongue yet (I'd rather console him when he cries), but it looks just like baby #6 at this link. Hopefully, after Simon recovers, his tongue will look like pic #2 and we'll be nursing successfully in a couple weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.