Monday, July 16, 2012

There's a human in there!

I was at the university library yesterday picking up a book I had requested (don't ask me when I'll read it, though), and a family (mom, dad, girl ~13yrs, boy ~10yrs) was ahead of me in the check-out line.  It was like I was looking at our future: the parents were probably faculty, all four wore glasses, both kids held a stack of books, and the boy was excitedly telling his mom about the intro-to-psych AND intro-to-stats books he found.  I was smiling to myself imagining Sunday family outings to the library when the mom turned around and exclaimed, "Oh!  There's a human in there!"


You see, I was wearing Simon in the incredibly handy (and fashionable!) sling Bradley made me.  The mom apologized and explained that she had turned to compliment my "purse" when she "realized it was full."  Of human, apparently.

my view of the sling's contents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.